- 1 What can’t you do in Sweden?
- 2 What do Swedes do for entertainment?
- 3 Is Sweden safe for American tourists?
- 4 What are some bad things about Sweden?
- 5 Do and don’ts in Sweden?
- 6 What should you not wear in Sweden?
- 7 What do Swedish people eat?
- 8 What are Swedes known for?
- 9 What food is Sweden famous for?
- 10 What are the disadvantages of living in Sweden?
- 11 Can you drink the tap water in Sweden?
- 12 Do they speak English in Sweden?
- 13 Is life in Sweden good?
- 14 Is Sweden expensive to live?
- 15 Is Swedish hard to learn?
What can’t you do in Sweden?
15 Things Not to Do When You Travel to Sweden
- 01 of 15. Don’t Assume All Swedes Speak English.
- 02 of 15. Don’t Use Highly Animated Body Language.
- 03 of 15. Don’t Feel Pressured by Silence.
- 04 of 15. Don’t Educate the Swedes.
- 05 of 15. Don’t Talk Down the Vasa Ship.
- 06 of 15. Don’t Ignore Personal Space.
- 07 of 15.
- 08 of 15.
What do Swedes do for entertainment?
Swedes are very interested in sports, with nearly one-half of the country’s inhabitants belonging to sports clubs. Outdoor recreation is important throughout the year. Facilities for mountain hiking were developed by the Swedish Touring Club about the end of the 19th century.
Is Sweden safe for American tourists?
Do not travel to Sweden due to COVID-19. Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before you plan any international travel. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 4 Travel Health Notice for the Sweden due to COVID-19, indicating a very high level of COVID-19 in the country.
What are some bad things about Sweden?
Here are a few, not necessarily bad, things that worry me in Sweden.
- Weather. The deafening darkness of the winter will break even the most active being.
- The great North-South divide.
- The numbing Swedish silence.
- Queueing Culture.
- Break-back taxes.
- Subtle prejudice.
Do and don’ts in Sweden?
Do not boast about yourself or exaggerate your achievements. Swedes appreciate a sense of modesty. Do not make jokes or refer to stereotypes about different ethnicities or cultures. This is likely to be met with disapproval.
What should you not wear in Sweden?
Avoid wearing loud and glitzy clothes in favor of smart casual dress in muted or dark colors. Natural fabrics such as cotton, wool and linen are more popular in Sweden than synthetic textiles.
What do Swedish people eat?
10 classic Swedish dishes you must try
- Pickled herring – a must at all kinds of Swedish celebrations.
- Fried herring – pickled herring’s forgotten cousin.
- Kroppkakor – a whole new take on meat and potatoes.
- Meatballs with mashed potatoes and lingonberry sauce – every mother’s parade dish.
What are Swedes known for?
10 Cool Swedish Facts: What Is Sweden Known For?
- Sweden’s mastery of pop music.
- Sweden’s gorgeous green spaces.
- Swedish art in the Stockholm metro stations.
- Swedish design.
- Swedish coffee and food culture.
- Sweden’s ICEHOTEL.
- The hip district of Södermalm.
- Swedish royalty.
What food is Sweden famous for?
Top 10 foods to try in Sweden
- Kanelbulle. If Sweden had a national food, it would, without doubt, be the cinnamon bun.
- Oat milk latte.
- Toast Skagen.
- Foraged berries.
- Godis (pick ‘n’ mix)
What are the disadvantages of living in Sweden?
List of the Cons of Living in Sweden
- You will need to get used to the climate in Sweden.
- People in Sweden tend to isolate and stay in their comfort zone.
- You will quickly discover the unwritten rules of the Law of Jante in Sweden.
- Health insurance in Sweden does not cover everything.
Can you drink the tap water in Sweden?
Tap water in Sweden is of high quality and is perfectly safe to drink.
Do they speak English in Sweden?
English might not be the official language in Sweden, but almost everyone in Sweden excels at speaking it. In 2017 Sweden ranked 2nd out of 80 countries in the EF English Proficiency Index ↗️ (EF EPI), which measures the language proficiency of non-native speaking countries.
Is life in Sweden good?
Sweden is a wonderful place to live with its kind people, excellent public services and corporate culture that encourages people to have a good work- life balance. It is no surprise that many people decide to move to Scandinavia’s largest country to enjoy all of the things that Sweden has to offer.
Is Sweden expensive to live?
Is it expensive to live in Sweden? Every day expenses fluctuate depending on where you live, but overall the average cost of living in Sweden is high. The bulk of this high cost is due to rent prices, which climb by about 1% each year.
Is Swedish hard to learn?
Swedish is one of the easier languages for an English native speaker to learn, with a lot of vocabulary and grammar in common. Still, there are some tricky components, from the melodic rhythm to complicated compounds.