- 1 What are the means of entertainment?
- 2 What is an example of entertainment?
- 3 What is an entertainment sentence?
- 4 What is the meaning of entertain in English?
- 5 What is the purpose of entertainment?
- 6 What are the types of entertainment?
- 7 What is the most popular entertainment?
- 8 What is the best form of entertainment?
- 9 What are sources of entertainment?
- 10 How do you use entertainment?
- 11 Is listening to music entertainment?
- 12 How do you use the word entertainment?
- 13 What is the closest meaning of entertained?
What are the means of entertainment?
the act of entertaining; agreeable occupation for the mind; diversion; amusement: Solving the daily crossword puzzle is an entertainment for many. something affording pleasure, diversion, or amusement, especially a performance of some kind: The highlight of the ball was an elaborate entertainment.
What is an example of entertainment?
Entertainment is defined as a funny or interesting performance or show. An example of entertainment is a ballet performance. See digital music player, digital media hub, digital media server, DVR, CD, DVD and gaming. The pleasure afforded by being entertained; amusement.
What is an entertainment sentence?
entertainment (n): something that gives fun or enjoyment. Listen to all | All sentences (with pause) Used with adjectives: “This movie is good entertainment.”
What is the meaning of entertain in English?
transitive verb. 1: to show hospitality to entertain guests. 2: to provide entertainment for. 3a: to keep, hold, or maintain in the mind I entertain grave doubts about her sincerity.
What is the purpose of entertainment?
Entertainment is a form of activity that holds the attention and interest of an audience, or gives pleasure and delight. It can be an idea or a task, but is more likely to be one of the activities or events that have developed over thousands of years specifically for the purpose of keeping an audience’s attention.
What are the types of entertainment?
- Movies. Movies are the easiest and most common form of entertainment that most people in the world consume.
- TV Shows. Just like movies, television is another type of entertainment that is easily available and comes in a wide array of choices.
- Video Games.
- Open Mic Nights.
- Sporting Events.
- Comedy Clubs.
What is the most popular entertainment?
Gaming is now the world’s favorite form of entertainment, as the gaming industry generated more revenue last year than TV, movies, and music did. While other forms of entertainment are experiencing declines – TV revenue fell by 8% last year – the gaming sector’s sales are increasing at an annual rate of 10.7%.
What is the best form of entertainment?
In conclusion, music is the best form of entertainment for two reasons. First, it has various genres, which ensures there is something for everyone regardless of their age. Second, music can be accessed easily and for free through local radio and TV channels.
What are sources of entertainment?
Different kinds of entertainment like magic, movies and sports have been around for many years; online gambling and online video games, too, are among the emerging sources of entertainment. Along with television shows and sports, they keep people glued to their seats.
How do you use entertainment?
Use “ entertainment ” in a sentence | “ entertainment ” sentence
- The hotel is famous for its entertainment.
- The hotel has a varied programme of nightly entertainment.
- They lay on free entertainment at the club every day.
- The town provides a wide choice of entertainment.
- A odeum is a place of entertainment.
Is listening to music entertainment?
According to Nielsen’s third annual Music 360 report on consumer tastes and habits, music is the top form of entertainment for Americans. However, while music is often chosen as a background activity, the majority of those surveyed also said they actively listen to music.
How do you use the word entertainment?
Entertainment sentence example
- In his day, Shakespeare was low-brow entertainment for the common class.
- “It was entertainment for a rainy day,” I offered.
- And further, we must always remember that entertainment and aesthetic effect were at most subsidiary objects.
What is the closest meaning of entertained?
The words amuse and divert are common synonyms of entertain. While all three words mean “to pass or cause to pass the time pleasantly,” entertain suggests supplying amusement by specially contrived methods. a magician entertaining children at a party.