- 1 What do you put in entertainment center shelves?
- 2 What do you decorate shelves with?
- 3 How do you arrange decorative items on shelves?
- 4 What do you put on either side of an entertainment center?
- 5 How do you style an entertainment console?
- 6 Are entertainment centers outdated?
- 7 How do you get rid of an entertainment center?
- 8 How do you modify an entertainment center to fit a HDTV?
- 9 How do you decorate high shelves?
- 10 How do you display things on shelves?
- 11 How do you display knick knacks without looking cluttered?
- 12 How do I make my shelves look nice?
- 13 How do I style my shelves?
What do you put in entertainment center shelves?
Display your favorite books on the shelves around the entertainment center. Group books by height and alternate between positioning books in rows and in stacked piles. Incorporate decorative bookends or interesting knickknacks such as pottery pieces to provide focal points of interest.
What do you decorate shelves with?
What to Put on Decorative Shelves
- Plants (mostly faux for me due to my black thumb )
- Vases, pitchers, bowls, baskets, and other vessels.
- Vase fillers.
- Picture frames.
- Small mirrors.
- Letters or monograms.
How do you arrange decorative items on shelves?
The basic rule of thumb for decorating bookshelves: one-third books, one-third accessories, and one-third empty space per shelf. If you’re short on storage, fill the bottom shelf with identical boxes or baskets. Organize 60 percent of books vertically and 40 percent horizontally to create both balance and spontaneity.
What do you put on either side of an entertainment center?
12 Ideas to Decorate Around a TV
- Add Sconces on a Mantel.
- Paint the Wall Dark Behind the TV.
- Hide a TV With a Curtain.
- Blend It With a Gallery Wall.
- Hide It Behind Mirrors.
- Flank It With Cabinets.
- Hide Your TV Behind a Painting.
- Incorporate It Into Built-Ins.
How do you style an entertainment console?
Use a Range of Materials and Textures – Marble, wood, brass, terra cotta and greenery all work together to create visual interest and draw your attention away from the TV. Get Creative with Unlikely Storage – If your media console is wall mounted or up on legs, capitalize on the space underneath with book storage.
Are entertainment centers outdated?
Massive Entertainment Center These days, televisions are as flat as can be, and don’t need these oversized and outdated entertainment units. They’re typically mounted on walls or over fireplaces, which don’t warrant the use of these old furnishings.
How do you get rid of an entertainment center?
How to get rid of an entertainment center? Solid wood entertainment centers can be taken for furniture recycling at your local recycling facility.
How do you modify an entertainment center to fit a HDTV?
How to Modify an Entertainment Center to Fit a HDTV
- Step 1: Remove the Top Trim and Mantle. Remove trim from top using a crowbar or hammer claw.
- Step 2: Cut Down Side Walls. Decide how tall you want the new entertainment center to be and measure the base stand of your new HDTV.
- Step 3: Re-glue Top Mantle and Trim.
How do you decorate high shelves?
How to Decorate a High Foyer Shelf
- Paint. Use paint to enhance the high shelf area before placing decorative accents on it.
- Plants and Pots. Place a variety of plants on the shelf to add greenery to the area.
- Art and Pictures.
How do you display things on shelves?
How to Display Items on a Shelf
- Completely Start Over. If you already have items on your display shelf, remove all of them before starting to arrange.
- What’s in the Back? Be aware of the back wall of your shelf.
- Display Your Best.
- The Right Height.
- A Bit of Empty Space.
- Don’t Overcrowd.
- Less is More.
How do you display knick knacks without looking cluttered?
Keep The Smallest Knick – Knacks In Jars Glass jars provide a lovely way to show off knick – knacks, and decorating inside of a jar keeps objects from getting scattered. Using jars as eclectic storage pieces by painting them or wrapping them in twine is another innovative method of clutter prevention.
How do I make my shelves look nice?
I’ve got three great tips for making your bookshelf look a little more styled.
- Vary Horizontal and Vertical Stacking. I like to start by dividing up all my books by size.
- Add Color to The Back of Your Bookshelf. This is a great way to make your bookshelf look more harmonious.
- Display Books by Size and Use Bookends.
How do I style my shelves?
How to: Style a bookshelf
- Start with larger items first. It’s easy to come undone when you begin styling your shelf with small decorative items.
- Bring in artwork.
- Mix up book placement.
- Introduce decorative objects.
- Put an item on your stack.
- Decorate in odd numbers.
- Add greenery.
- Consider adding a vase of things.