- 1 How do I connect my home theater to my TV and cable box?
- 2 How do I get my TV to play through my surround sound?
- 3 How can I get my TV to play through my stereo?
- 4 How do I get sound to play through HDMI?
- 5 What is ARC HDMI?
- 6 Can we connect speakers to set top box?
- 7 How do I connect my surround sound to my cable box?
- 8 How do I connect my Android TV to my home theater box?
- 9 How do I hook up my cable box to my AV Receiver?
- 10 Can HDMI carry 5.1 surround sound?
- 11 What is the best way to setup a 5.1 surround sound?
- 12 How do you connect surround sound to headphones?
How do I connect my home theater to my TV and cable box?
Step 1 – take one HDMI cable and connect HDMI OUT port on the cable box to the HDMI IN port on the TV. Step 2 – take a digital optical cable (aka TOSLINK cable ) and use it to connect your TV to your receiver.
How do I get my TV to play through my surround sound?
The steps below are an example on Android TV ™.
- Press the HOME button on the remote control.
- Select Settings.
- The next steps will depend on your TV menu options: Select Display & Sound — Audio output — Speakers — Audio system. Select Sound — Speakers — Audio system.
How can I get my TV to play through my stereo?
The three most common methods to allow the television sound be heard through the speakers of a stereo receiver or home theater system are:
- Option 1: HDMI connection using the Audio Return Channel (ARC) feature (Preferred method)
- Option 2: Connection using Optical Digital Cable or Coaxial Digital Cable (Digital audio)
How do I get sound to play through HDMI?
Right-click the volume control icon on the bottom taskbar and click on “Playback Devices” to open the pop-up window for sound options. In the “Playback” tab, select “Digital Output Device” or ” HDMI ” as the default device, click “Set Default” and click “OK” to save the changes.
What is ARC HDMI?
The Audio Return Channel ( ARC ) connects your TV and audio system with a single High Speed HDMI ® cable and eliminates the need for an additional composite audio or optical cable. Connecting an ARC -compatible audio system to an ARC -compatible TV allows the following: Send audio from the TV to the audio system.
Can we connect speakers to set top box?
Yes! – Most televisions and many set top boxes ( cable boxes ) have either left and right audio output jacks and/or a digital audio output jack. Almost all home theater / sound bar / and stereo systems have either a set of audio input jacks or a digital sound input jack.
How do I connect my surround sound to my cable box?
Hooking Up Surround Sound via HDMI
- Make sure all the elements are turned off.
- Grab one of the HDMI cables and plug it into the cable TV box.
- The other end of the same cable must go into the receiver for surround sound.
- Grab the second HDMI cable and plug it into the video output plug for TV in your receiver.
How do I connect my Android TV to my home theater box?
- Connect an HDMI cable to the HDMI ports labeled ARC, or the port identified in your manual that supports ARC.
- Set Speakers to Audio system. The steps below are an example on Android TV or Google TV.
- Turn on the Control for HDMI setting on both the TV and the receiver or home theater system.
How do I hook up my cable box to my AV Receiver?
Connect the satellite (or cable box ) to the AV receiver. Connect one end of another HDMI cable to the satellite receiver (or cable box ) and connect the unused end of that cable to the TV/SAT HDMI input on the AV receiver (or simply choose any free HDMI input on the AV receiver ).
Can HDMI carry 5.1 surround sound?
Technically, TVs aren’t allowed to send 5.1 audio over HDMI. In other words, if you’re watching a movie on Blu-ray with 5.1 Dolby Digital or DTS and it’s connected directly to your TV (Setup 1, above) your receiver might only be able to get 2.0 audio.
What is the best way to setup a 5.1 surround sound?
In a 5.1 system, your surround speakers are best placed to the left and right of your listening position. Aim them directly towards you for the best sound. If side placement isn’t practical, place your surround speakers a few feet behind your listening position and face them forward.
How do you connect surround sound to headphones?
Select that option, and your current audio device’s properties window will open at the new Spatial sound tab. Now just click on the drop down menu and select Windows Sonic for Headphones, which will automatically check the box labeled “Turn on 7.1 virtual surround sound.” Now click Apply and then OK. You’re done!