- 1 How can I hide my wires in my entertainment center?
- 2 How do you manage TV wires?
- 3 How do I manage a lot of cables?
- 4 How do you control wires?
- 5 How do you hide AV cables?
- 6 How do you cover exposed wires?
- 7 How can I make my TV wire look neat?
- 8 How do I organize my spare cables?
- 9 Can tangled wires cause a fire?
- 10 How do you handle long wires?
- 11 How do you declutter wires?
How can I hide my wires in my entertainment center?
8 Genius Ways to Hide Every Wire in Your Home
- Hook Cords to the Back of Your Furniture.
- Feed Wires Through a TV Stand.
- Hide TV Wires in Plain Sight.
- Run TV Wires Behind the Wall.
- Tuck Cord Chaos Into Tubing.
- Slip Them Into a Drawer.
- Snake Them Through Baseboard Accessories.
- Stash Wires and Routers In a “Book”
How do you manage TV wires?
To avoid knots of cables behind your TV, use cable ties. Plastic zip ties that cinch closed or hook and loop fastener strips wrap around bundles of cables to prevent them from becoming loose or otherwise getting tangled. If your home theater components are close together, use these to keep them organized.
How do I manage a lot of cables?
Power strips and surge protectors are must-have items for keeping cords tidy. Consider mounting them using double-sided mounting tape or Velcro strips to the underside of a desk or back of a hutch to keep them neatly out of view.
How do you control wires?
Hit the jump for photos and videos of our top 10 favorite ways to get cables under control.
- Mount Your Gadgets to a Pegboard.
- Get Under-Desk Cables Off the Floor with a Wire Basket.
- Catch Plugs with a Binder Clip.
- Master the Art of Earbud Cord-Wrapping.
- Store Extension Cords Tangle-Free in a Paper Towel Tube.
How do you hide AV cables?
Floor coverings can be a great place to hide cable. Simply run the wire underneath a rug to a speaker on a stand and then feed the wire through the stand’s cable management system. If you’re in a room with hard floors, all you’d need is an area rug large enough to cover your cable run.
How do you cover exposed wires?
How to Fix Wire Exposed on an Electrical Cord
- Unplug the electrical wire from the electrical outlet. Make sure to grab a covered portion of the cord.
- Locate all the areas on the electrical cord with exposed wires.
- Wrap all the exposed wires with electrical tape until the wires are safely covered.
How can I make my TV wire look neat?
Put the Cables Behind the Wall If you want your TV wires to be completely invisible, the best solution is to run them behind the wall. To do this you’ll need to cut two holes in the drywall with a drywall saw, drill, or utility knife—one behind your television and the other near the outlet.
How do I organize my spare cables?
If you want to stick to your predesignated cable drawer/box, toilet paper and paper towel rolls are a great way to keep cables in their place: Loosely wrap them, stuff them in a roll, and then store them upright in the drawer.
Can tangled wires cause a fire?
Adding multiple extenders to outlets and connecting extension cords can overload power points and cause fires or short circuits.
How do you handle long wires?
For loose and lonely cables away from their units, a Plug Hugger is the perfect solution. Simply wrap a cord around this nifty little device, then secure the clip to prevent it from unraveling. You can store dozens of Plug Hugged cables in the same box and never have to worry about untangling them later on.
How do you declutter wires?
Here are five tips for controlling the cable and wire madness and putting your home office on the path toward a cleaner, more organized look.
- 01 of 05. Wrap the Wires.
- 02 of 05. Label the Cables.
- 03 of 05. Get the Cords Off the Floor.
- 04 of 05. Keep Cables Together With Binder Clips.
- 05 of 05. Corral Cords in a Basket.